Sometimes, keeping it simple is the key.
Even when writing thoughts in an article, the point can come across well without going through paragraphs of explanation.
Let’s give it a go……
Recently, I’ve committed myself to improving my communication abilities. How can I communicate more efficiently and ensure the point is clear without misunderstanding? Those of us who partner and connect with remote groups on a daily basis, know the challenges of good communication (when not in the same room). So to better myself, these are the things I need to consider:
Am I / Do I
- Able to present ideas and provide information with clarity.
- Able to instill trust and believability.
- Know how to plan communications and consider impact.
- Know how to listen and test for understanding.
- Able to elicit and handle feedback well (create a dialogue, not a monologue).
- Recognize and distinguish between facts and interpretations.
- Check for assumptions and verify what recipient “think they have heard” (paraphrased responses).
- Understand miscommunications rather than to blame.
A hand full of points, each with a profound impact.
Thoughts to consider…. sure couldn’t hurt.